Here we will discuss Traditional Integration vs Zoom Room Integrations answering the following:
- How can Zoom replace current Audio Visual designs including switchers and control systems?
- How can a computer replace a legacy Video Conferencing Codec?
- What is the difference between a standards-based video conferencing environment and a cloud-based video conferencing environment?
- How has Zoom been built to move the conference room into the future and eliminate functionalities that are no longer needed from the legacy model?
What can Zoom Rooms accomplish in the conference room?
- Wireless Screen Sharing Solution (In and Out of Meeting)
- Video and Audio Collaboration Environment
- PBX-Registered or Call-Out Phone Dialing
- Device Agnostic Solution (Recommended Hardware)
- Room Scheduling included with license
- Digital Signage included with license
- One-Touch Meetings with Calendar Integration (Google/Outlook)
- Meeting Recorder
- Zoom Rooms for Touch
|Traditional Integration||Zoom Rooms Integrations|
|On-Premise Hardware:Call Control / ManagementSIP/H.323 InterworkingSystem ManagementExpressway RoutingComplicated!||Fully Cloud-Based Platform:No On-Premise Hardware. All management/control is cloud-based|
|Proprietary Hardware:No 3rd party options for CameraExpensive and Limiting!||Hardware Agnostic:Any UVC-controllable cameraAll hardware is off the shelf allowing unlimited hardware options|
|Difficult to use:Expertise is almost always requiredUser training almost always required for custom integrationsOpEx cost associated with hiring team||Easy to Use:Zoom designed to help manage your environment and minimize headcount needed to run a high quality Video Collaboration environmentNo need for user training – intuitive standard design|
Proprietary Hardware Integration Comparison
- Hardware Based VS Software Based USB Rooms
- Proprietary Hardware Solution VS Device Agnostic USB Solution
- Guides – Standard USB Conference Rooms:
Expensive proprietary hardware requirements are a thing of the past. Software based conferencing is device agnostic allowing more freedom of choice among hardware being used in the conference room. Computer, Controller, Microphone, Speaker and Camera are all off-the-shelf hardware enabling room-based video conferencing in any space.
Below you will see traditional codec-only integrations vs a cloud based USB solution:
Traditional AV Integration Comparison
- Audio-Visual Integration VS Cloud/Software system with integrated Audio System
- Complex Hardware Solution VS Simplified Hardware solution with the same user experience.
AV switching and control is no longer necessary as peripheral inputs are rarely a requirement in the conference room (ie. Bluray players, physical HDMI/VGA connections etc). Now Zoom can be the wireless video solution to display a laptop and the switching system can be eliminated.
When control systems are necessary for environmental control (ie. Shades/Lighting), the ZR-CSAPI is available to allow control of the ZR computer via a 3rd party controller.
Below you will see traditional AV switching environments with control systems and multiple switched inputs vs a DSP-integrated Cloud-Based system: