Installing a TV can be painful if you find out that there is no stud available to mount your TV securely. The good news is we have formulated a method which we can guarantee your TV can be securely installed on a wall without studs or with metal studs. Call or contact us to help you or get more information on how to do it and get this special bolts which we have available. We have installed thousands of TVs and we have seen different kind of walls, brackets and TVs. They are all different, but we have formulated it secure way for every application of TV wall mounting.
To install flat screen TV’s and TV mounts using the CONDOMOUNTS Metal Stud Mounting Kit:
- Follow the instructions included with your flat screen TV or TV mount for marking the location of each anchor in the wall. Try to locate at least one, if not two, of the anchors into a metal stud.
NOTE: If you locate wooden studs or lath and are able to anchor at least one end of the TV mount to a wooden stud, follow the directions of the TV or mount manufacturer for installing on a wooden stud.
- At each location, drill 1/2″ diameter hole. Hold metal channel flat alongside plastic straps with top of channel facing up and slide channel through hole.
NOTE: Minimum clearance required behind wall: 1-7/8″.
- Hold ends of straps between thumb and forefinger and pull toward you until channel rests flush behind wall. Slide plastic cap along straps with other hand until flange of cap is flush with wall.
- Snap straps at wall by pushing side to side, snapping off straps level with flange of cap. Repeat at each location.
- Place TV mount over flange. Insert screw through bracket and tighten until flush against bracket, then stop. Repeat for each hole in TV mount bracket.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, install TV mount in bracket